REVIEW: Reckless Longing by Gina Robinson

19y.o. college transfer-student is flattered by good-looking college-senior Hero’s attention and support in getting her belly-button pierced.

She’s not ready to embark in another romance, however, after her ex-boyfriend’s recent betrayal. And she has a greater motive for attending that particular university. She wants to meet her biological father who will be her boss on her job on campus and she’s not sure if she’ll reveal herself to him. So it was a big surprise to find on her first day at work that Hero also works there and that he’s her father’s favorite tech employee. Hero is delighted to see her again and seems to want more from her. But she’s getting mixed signals when he doesn’t pursue her when they’re not together. She’s even more confused with his wariness to help her with her chemistry class with the infamous difficult professor, a class which he previously aced. When is the time when they both are ready for a relationship? Or are there too many complications standing their way?

Didn’t know it was part of a sequel. Would’ve been helpful to have a sequel warning somewhere in the book title cover. Decent start of a romance with a big question at the end regarding what happens to heroine’s relationship with her biological father. For most of the book, Hero and heroine were not together. It’s a star-crossed romance where they set limits in their relationship because they each had some big secrets they were dealing with.** They tried to just be friends. But their attraction was strong that whenever they were near each other, it was hard time just be friends. So they kept away from each other as a result. A good part of the book was spent on heroine and her classmates’ attempts to outmaneuver their difficult chemistry professor. Their attempts to find out how to get a good grade in that class were funny & creative (i.e., baked-good bribes to the TA).

Sexual chemistry was good. No sex scene but had some kissing and touching. They highlighted their emotional connection and the poignancy of not being able to go as far as they desired. We got to know heroine much more than Hero. The book was told as heroine’s point of view (POV). There’s a lot about Hero that’s still mystery, even after his disclosure of his secrets at the end. I had some problems with Hero seeming to move on from heroine quite easily and dating other women. He was supposed to be so enamored with heroine so I didn’t understand why he couldn’t date her instead of the other women. Heroine, on the other hand, didn’t find a replacement and focused on her tough school work and getting to know her bio dad. I’m hoping that we’ll get either more answers about Hero’s actions or see a change in his dedication and faithfulness to heroine in the next book.

Partially recommended. Reserving full recommendation until I read the complete series.

**A more detailed review is on my blog. Click here.
*ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.