REVIEW: Between Then and Now by Zoe York

Heroine has doubts about her 32yo husband’s feelings for her since they had pressures to get married 8 years ago. Hero is being cautious around her to avoid any more arguments with her.

Raising their 2 kids and working to make ends meet has kept them from spending time together lately. When they finally make time for each other, they realize that their passion still runs strong. When he mistakes her for someone on the phone, she’s afraid that her doubts about their marriage may have merit. How do they keep their marriage intact?

I sped through this novella. It was brief but didn’t feel short. The book got right to the point of the romance and Hero & heroine’s marriage problems. It gave us sufficient history of how their relationship progressed from the start to where it was now. The writing pulled me in to the main characters right away and made me care about the state of their romance. I liked the realistic portrayal of Hero and heroine’s life as an average couple who have been married for 8 years with 2 kids and had a mortgage and bills to pay. I also liked the realistic portrayal of how doubts from the past that were never communicated or resolved can insidiously creep in to the relationship for years and one day blow up. Hero and heroine loved and care about each other. Their marriage was solid overall. But they had some unresolved issues that had been chipping at their marriage because neither one had directly talked about it. They both were willing to work at their problems and were open to truly listening to what the other had to say.

Sex scenes were hot. I liked how their sexual chemistry was still prevalent, when they thought about each other. It gives a sexiness to the average marriage with kids and bills-to-pay story.

Recommended.

*A more detailed review is on my blog